Have you ever wanted to try to wear makeup but you didn’t know where to start or how to buy them? It’s not easy just going into a drugstore or makeup store and pick something because you don’t know how to use it. I wanted to talk about my favorite products both drugstore and high end and go into detail about each one. I will be talking about all kinds of products to choose from and everything you need to know about the products. I also have a video on my youtube channel talking all about it as well, so check it out below! Youtube is going to be so helpful for you because you can look up anything you desire and I promise you there’s a video for it. That’s how I’ve learned all my makeup tips, tricks & skills!
Skin Care is so important for your skin when wearing makeup. Not only does it help your makeup apply smoothly and easily but it protects your skin and keeps it youthful!
- Eucerin Daily Protection – will moisturize your skin and it’s so good for dry skin
- Olay Minimizing Toner – will remover all makeup and dirt left on your face and bring back your skin tone without stripling your skin
- Ponds Cold Cream Cleanser – is great for removing makeup and deeply moisturizing your skin, I would recommend using this right before bed.
- Neutrogena Makeup Wipes – are the best to use especially if you have water proof mascara on
- Maybelline Master Prime – is perfect for oil skin, they also have two other primers the one I mention is Blur + Illuminate (dewy skin) apply this before foundation
- Maybelline Baby Skin – perfect if you have a lot of pore because this will fill them in, not good for oily skin because it’s very smooth and has a butter feel to it.
Eye makeup can be tricky but fun at the same time, practice makes perfect! You don’t always have to wear a smokey eye or winged liner sometimes a little bit of eye makeup is great to start out with and then work your way up and have fun with it!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz – all of her products are so good! I love the DipBrow more if you have uneven brows like myself and need extra help to fix them . The brow wiz is easy to use the DipBrow is a little bit more advanced.
- Maybelline Brow Drama – this is so good if you just want to fill in your brows and keep them in place!
- Maybelline Neutral Eyeshadow Palette – such a good palette to start out with, I always recommend neutral colors and then gradually use more colors for your eye color and skin tone.
- Makeup Geek Eyeshadows – they are so affordable and highly pigmented! I’m so in love with these shadows and all you need is a Z palette and you can customize your palette how ever you’d like.
- Urban Decay Perversion Mascara – great high end product on the pricy side but I’ve had mine for a while now and it’s still has a lot of product in it.
- Loreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara – this is a great drug store mascara, super dark for the ends and a great brush.
- Maybelline Master Precise Eyeliner – by far the best eyeliner I’ve brought and it was adorable! Eyeliners can get frustrating especially with one eye different then the other but this one makes it easy.
- Maybelline Gel Liner – never ever apply liner without filing in your water line and after you apply lashes, it’s such an important step. This one is amazing I’ve never used any high end because this is just as good and waterproof!
- Red Cherry Lashes – They are $2.50 they came in a million shapes and sizes, I love them! Check out my video on Lashes 101 here
- Maybelline Fit Me concealer – light to medium coverage, comes with an applicator so it’s easy to apply
- Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer – waterproof concealer and its heavy coverage
*always apply your concealer in a triangle shape never just around the eyes. Quick Tip: take a flash picture of yourself after concealer to see if its visible in photos!
Face products are probably the most easiest to start with, because you need foundation for a nice even skin tone and blushes, bronzers and highlighters are so much fun to apply after. For highlighters they’re so many right now in the makeup world but I haven’t tired any others for myself so the Makeup Forever Forever one I’ve been using lately (use to use Mac Definitely Defined). Im looking to buy more highlighters so keep a look out on my Instagram or YouTube channel if I talk about them!
- Loreal True Match Foundation – 35 shades to choose from and in different under skin tone shades. Medium coverage but it’s build able and you won’t look cakey + SPF15
- Loreal True Match Lumi Foundation – great for sensitive skin and has a luminous finish. This has a pump so it’s easy to use + SPF 20
- Loreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB cream – (like tinted moisturizer) light to medium coverage, it comes out white and when you apply it blends into your skin. This is perfect if you don’t want to wear foundation
- Ben Nye Banana & Translucent Powders – Translucent is the easiest to use I don’t use anything else for powders but if this is too much for you. I would youtube “Drugstore finishing powders” 🙂
- Rimmel Natural Bronzer – Bronzer are isn’t contouring, they warm up your face and give you definition after foundation. Contour colors can only be matte or with cream concealers/foundations. (Check out Anastasia Beverly Hills contour products)
- Mac Refined Golden Bronzer – another bronzer that I love and have been using for years – actually since I started wearing makeup 😀
- Milani Baked Blush Luminoso – such a beautiful blush it’s peachy with highlights in it so it’s easy to blend in your cheeks, I don’t know why I haven’t discovered this before!
- Mac Peaches Blush – a matte blush but also peachy color this is more on the pricy side.
- Make Up For Ever Artist Shadow Golden Beige – I can use this shadow for everything, highlighting my brow bone, tear duct, nose, cupid bow and above my cheek bones! Worth every penny because it’s not your average eye shadow size.
Lip Products! I wasn’t able to talk about all of these on my channel so Ill just talk about them here! This are my favorite both high end and drugstore to use!
- Jordana Lip Liners – so affordable and the product is great, I use this in my freelance kit for my clients and it’s just as good and they’re mostly found in Walgreens
- Mac Lip Liners – pricy but totally worth it, my favorite is Spice it’s a great nude liner and goes with everything
- Mac Lipsticks – Mac has a million shades and finishes and so do I , so it’s okay to splurge. My favorite shades are Myth, Ruby Woo & Velvet Teddy
- Maybelline Lipsticks – there’s always a new collection for every season or just because and collecting them is fun. They’re just as good as high end lipstick!
- NYX Butter Gloss – super creamy and pigmented, they are now sold in CVS but their website has everything & they are cruelty free!
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream – it’s not lipstick but it feels like it but it in a gloss tube. It’s perfect if you don’t like lipsticks and just want a quick application.
So there is all of my favorite makeup products and products you can use to start buying for your own collection. I hope you will enjoy and let me know any questions on the comments below!